Like most chemicals that you use, all Epoxy Resin will have some odor. The odors will be different in each brand and can range from light to a stronger smell. Often with an odor, it brings up the question of whether or not breathing in the Epoxy Resin can be a health hazard. Some customers feel as if the smell is non-existent, while it might bother some. How you interpret the smell has to do with each person's sensitivities. It is important to know that the smell is NOT a fume or a VOC (volatile organic compound), and Pro Marine Epoxy Resin poses no risk to your health. As with any chemical, we still want to encourage our users to work in a well-ventilated area (a large room with moving air works, as opposed to working in a small closet) and to protect your skin from the Epoxy Resin by wearing gloves.
Articles in this section
- How do I Embed Objects into a Tabletop, or other Epoxy Project?
- How will humidity and temperatures affect epoxy resin?
- What temperature will cured Epoxy withstand?
- I want my epoxy resin to cure harder, what can I do?
- What surfaces can you use Pro Marine Epoxy over?
- Is the Table Top Epoxy Scratch Resistant?
- What is the proper storage and shelf life of Epoxy?
- Is Table Top Epoxy VOC free? Odorless?
- Do you have an Epoxy that is for outdoor use?
- Is Pro Marine Table Top Epoxy FDA Compliant or Food Safe?