Does Pro Marine Table Top Epoxy Have Casting Abilities?
Pro Marine Table Top Epoxy is used for a variety of projects such as crafts like jewelry, coating tumblers and yes, can also be used for casting. (You need to test try the casting)
There are just a few things to be aware of. You will have to be sure not to pour any thicker than 1/4" at a time so the epoxy does not generate an excessive amount of heat as it is curing. This could cause the epoxy to crack and ruin your project. You should wait between 4 and 10 hours for each "coat". You will also want to be sure that you cast in a mold that the epoxy will not stick to, such as silicone.
Here is a list of materials you will need for your project!
– Pro Marine Supplies Table Top Epoxy
– Resin Jewelry Mold– resin fillers: studs, jewelry, dried flowers, feathers, etc
– wax paper
– latex gloves
– medicine cups (from cough syrup), cheap plastic measuring cup (if doing a large batch)
– blow dryer (A torch may melt the silicon)
– wooden popsicle stick
– Toothpicks (for design)
– a shoebox or plastic bin (to cover molds as they harden)
– jewelry items: ring pads, clasps, flat safety pins,
– E-6000 quick hold adhesive (if making rings or pins)