There are two schools of thought for applying multiple layers of epoxy resin. Either apply additional coats while the prior one is still tacky (after about 4-10 hours); or wait 24 hours after full curing to apply. (Note – that after full curing – the surface will need to be lightly sanded to allow for adhesion of the next coat. Be sure to wipe away dust from sanding before application.)
Articles in this section
- What is blushing?
- How do I prepare my surface?
- 521 Marine Epoxy Dispensing and Mixing Instructions
- How can I control Cure Time?
- What does Pot life mean for Marine Epoxy?
- Why do I need to remove rot before I add 5:1 Marine Grade Epxoy?
- How long should I wait between applying coats of 521 epoxy resin?
- How can I prevent bubbles/pinholes/fisheyes in my epoxy resin?
- How can I keep Epoxy Resin from becoming warm and curing too quickly?
- What is the shelf life of 521 Marine Grade Epoxy Resin?